American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that you replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months. Did you know that you can still use that old toothbrush? Here are 5 uses for old toothbrushes.
1. In the Kitchen
- Clean appliances like the toaster, microwave, or coffee machine with an old toothbrush. Get into all of those hard to reach places.
- If you collect and reuse old bottles, your old toothbrush is the perfect tool to clean inside and out of the glass.
- Clean your cheese grater and cutting boards. Use your old toothbrush to get in all of the small and awkward spaces.
2. In the Bathroom
- Use your old toothbrush to clean all of the gunk and grime between the bathroom tiles.
- An old toothbrush is the perfect way to reach all of the hard to get to spots around the sink and faucet.
- Clean your fingernails with your old toothbrush! With a little bit of soap and water, the bristles will knock all of the dirt from under your nails.
3. In the Office
- Your old toothbrush is the perfect tool to get in between your computer keyboard keys.
- If you happen to be into calligraphy, an old toothbrush can be useful. The bristles can get into the little nooks of the pen tips to remove any extra ink build up.
4. In the Laundry Room
- Remove persistent clothing stains with an old toothbrush. After applying a stain remover on the stubborn stain, scrub with the toothbrush until it’s gone.
- Clean your shoes! If you or your kids got into some dirt or mud outside, an old toothbrush can help loosen up and clean off the gunk before you rinse them.
- Use your old toothbrush to clean your car interior. There are many crevices in your car that could probably use some attention.
How do you utilize your old toothbrush? Comment below! While you’re at it, you can call the Texas Dental team to schedule your next appointment to make sure your toothbrush was doing it’s original job for your teeth.Contact Us