- Brush teeth thoroughly. Instead of only brushing once or twice a day, we recommend brushing after meals with a soft toothbrush. You can purchase an electric toothbrush for each member of the family in order to remove more plaque. They come in fun colors and characters at the grocery and drug store for the kids.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride is a mineral that helps to strengthen teeth. When teeth are stronger, they are less likely to get a cavity or infection.
- Drink water. Staying hydrated is important for the health of your body and your teeth. This allows your body to create saliva that will naturally wash away bacteria that tries to linger inside of your mouth. Saliva also helps to improve your breath.
- Floss. Flossing is an important step for removing food and bacteria that gets stuck in between your teeth. Brushing alone cannot reach these tight spaces, so flossing is essential.
- Eat a healthy diet. A diet containing lean meats, green leafy vegetables, dairy, crunchy veggies and nuts, will help to remineralize and strengthen your teeth. Eat a well-balanced diet to stay in good oral health.
A San Antonio Dentist Can Treat Your Entire Family
As a parent, it is important to see a San Antonio dentist that can treat all members of the family. This will make it much easier to schedule dental appointments and keep your family in good oral health. Additionally, a family dentist is able to provide all types of dental treatments so that you can get the care you and your family need from one convenient location. There are many benefits to visiting a local dentist, including helping your schedule to stay on track. Every parent knows how difficult it can be to coordinate calendars with school, work, sporting events, family activities, birthday parties, and more. The constant running around is made more difficult as the family grows. Simple things like seeing the same dental provider can make life a little easier. When scheduling routine teeth cleanings, you can have everyone’s appointment on the same afternoon so that you only have to make one trip. This will save you time and free up your schedule for other things. As a San Antonio dentist that treats children, Doctors Miranda and Bernal are experts at helping kids to feel comfortable during regular dental exams and teeth cleanings. This is important because when children feel safe and secure they are more likely to accept dental treatments like having their cavities treated. It all starts with a positive patient, dentist relationships. We focus on preventative care and education. By helping our patients to stay healthy, we are able to prevent major dental infections like gum disease and a dental abscess from forming. Regular teeth cleanings and dental exams allow us to remove bacteria and treat disease early before it causes pain and discomfort. There are also things you can do at home to keep your family in good oral health, including: